1366FIX FOR YESTERDAYS VIRUS ---I'm ok now - you may not be

  • Sheila McCloud
    Dec 1, 2001
      Ok all my friends. Hope some of you still are. After working on my computer most of the weekend now I am sure that I am virus free but some of you may not be. One of you sent me the worm_sircam.a virus this week and I don't know who and I'm sure you didn't know you sent it because I sure didn't know I had it until it had been sent to all of ya'll plus any other e-mail address in my computer....whether from other forwarded mails or web sites, cache, etc. My virus software was on but it didn't catch it. That is why I feel obliged to tell you all how to fix it just in case. If you start getting mail returned to you from people you don't know that is the definate signal that you have it. I didn't know a lot of the people that e-mailed and bawled me out last night for giving it to them but some of you may know them. Those of you that know me know that I would never deliberately give you one and I am cautious enough to keep my virus software on all the time. There are new ones everyday though and evidently mine was not updated enough to resist it. Many of you are my genealogy friends and it is important for us to be able to send atachments to each other. It is not important to me though to receive forwarded "chain e-mails" from some of you and if you know me very much you know I am breaking the "chains". Please don't send them. I fear that this is the route that brought me the virus. If you are unsure if you have it I think you should do the fix anyway. The virus picks some random personal file, attaches to it and sends itself out My family history file I have worked on for years is probably damaged now because that is what it sent out to ya'll. Dont' delay in giving attention to this. Now here is the address to get the instructions and the tool download to fix it in case you got it. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience. If you need further help please e-mail me or call me at home. Sheila

      Get the "fix" at http://www.symantec.com