13263Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County Mega Cemetery File + Location of Gross Cem.

  • Clay Gullatt
    Feb 4, 2010
      Gross Cemetery is located on HWY 79 South on the right at the end of the four lane going toward Guntersivlle from Scottsboro.

      You can locate most Jackson County Cemeteries by going ot the Group Home Website clicking on LINKS then clicking on the Jackson County Mega Cemetery File. One of our computer savey members compiled them into one list that is searchable by using the FIND feature under EDIT. Just enter the name of the person you are looking for in the Search box.
      There is also a file for the Guntersville Flooded Cemeteries.

      Some of the cemeteries not on the MegaFile are on FindAGrave.

      Some of the old cemeteries are on private land and you should ask the owners permission to enter and if it is on pasture land make sure you close all gates to keep livestock from wandering. I have never heard of anyone denying permission but a very few people have not been considerate about closing gates.

      Unfortunately some of the old cemeteries in Jackson County have fallen on hard times and do need care and cleanup.  This is not just Jackson County's problem but is nation wide.

      While we may be in the depths of winter right now in just a few months it will be cleanup time and Decoration.

      Clay

      Visit Your Group Start a New Topic

      MARKETPLACE

      Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living

      .