      From: raesunshin@... <raesunshin@...>
      Subject: Re: [jackson-co] AL Dept of Archives and History - Update -1867 Voters List, ...
      To: jackson-co@yahoogroups.com, jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 11:10 PM

      I have not used this site before.  Can you please tell me where searchable databases are?  Sorry to be so dense.

      In a message dated 8/11/2009 10:43:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, blackcloud27030@ yahoo.com writes:

      The 1867 Voters Registration List for Jackson Co. is now available at the ADAH. The Civil War Cards for names A thru V are also available.
      After you click on Search at the Voters Database if you enter just Jackson for the county you will get all who were registered both White and African American.
      Note no women are on this list as they did not have the right to vote, this did not happen until the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was certified on 26 Aug 1920.