12606Re:Riddle Family of Jackson County, Al.

  • Darrell Hanshaw
    Jun 12, 2009
      Loretta,

      Jacob Fears was my gggg grandfather, b. 1785, Virginia with wife, Aisley
      (Elsie) Holt, b.c. 1786, NC, d. Dec 1860.

      Jacob died before Aisley did (12/1860) since she was a widow when she died.

      Their daughter, my ggg grandmother, was Hanah Jane Fears, not Hanner -- as
      some census taker must have written her name.

      From John Williams, a prolific researcher:

      "Hannah (Hanner) Jane Fears shows up in the 1850 Jackson Co., Alabama,
      federal census, age 18 b AL, daughter of Jacob Fears (a miller) age 65 b VA
      and
      Aisley Holt age 64 b NC."

      Looks like Ellen will be most helpful to you, but please let me know if I
      can help.

      Darrell

      ----

      Note: Using the "Bcc:" feature of your email program to send to a group
      protects each individual's email addresses from being compromised by
      hackers/spammers. This helps to decrease unwanted SPAM EMAILS, and protects
      the privacy of those who do not want their email address displayed or
      forwarded. Also when forwarding a message, delete all email addresses to
      protect the privacy of others.

      DISCLAIMER: This email message is for the sole use of the intended
      are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
      destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.