      From: Mary Urban <marylu@...>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Birth in more than one place
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, May 9, 2009, 10:14 AM

      Just had to comment on Ron's query about how a person could be born in 3
      different states.... There are two answers to that: 1) the birth locality
      might have in 3 successive jurisdictions and the respondent answered
      differently but truthfully in 3 census reports and/or 2) the respondent
      might not have known for sure-especially if another member of the family was
      answering the census-taker. I've got an ancestor who reportedly was born in
      NC, TN, SC and VA. I still am not sure which is correct, but pretty sure TN
      is not a possibility, though he lived there awhile. If the census taker
      asked "Where you'all from?" it might have elicited a different response than
      "Where were you born?" But as you can tell, not all census takers focused on
      accuracy! I think researchers, with justification, have a love/hate
      relationship with census takers....

      From: Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@ yahoo.com
      From: grandmother6@ rocketmail. com <mailto:grandmother 6%40rocketmail. com>
      <grandmother6@ rocketmail. com <mailto:grandmother 6%40rocketmail. com> >
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Clay
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      <mailto:jacksongene alogy%40yahoogro ups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 8:32 PM

      Has anyone heard from Clay? He said he wasn't feeling well and some of my
      family suffers terrribly from the same thing. I sure hope he is better by
      now. Clay, you will be in my prayers until we hear from you again.

      Pat