12199Re: NATHAN BENJAMIN SIMS (1816-1896)

  • macatjax
    Apr 2 3:40 AM
      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know the parents of Nathan Benjamin Sims, born 1816 in
      > Franklin Co, TN, died 1896, buried in Sisk Cemetery in Paint Rock
      > Valley? Nathan Benjamin Sims married Susan Gray circa 1846. Susan
      > Gray was born in 1827 and died on July 21, 1906, and is buried in SIsk
      > Cemetery in PRV. Susan Gray was the daughter of Terrell Gray (1806 -
      > 1880) who married Mary Martin (1804 - 1896). Terrell and Mary (Martin)
      > Gray are also buried in the Sisk Cemetery in PRV. Terrell Gray was the
      > son of George and Sarah (Benge) Gray of Wilkes County, NC.
      > There was a Benjamin Sims in the 1820 census of Franklin Co, TN, but I
      > can't find this Benjamin after 1820. He had 3 sons under the age of 10
      > in 1820. Was this Benjamin the father of Nathan Benjamin Sims who was
      > born in 1816 and would have been 4 years old in 1820??? I have found
      > the name spelled Sims and Simms.
      > Ann B. Chambless

      Ann,

      As you know, Elizabeth Johnson (Lawrence/Houston) married James Sims as her third and last husband. She had no children with him and I don't know where he is buried. Some time ago, I was contacted about his children who apparently went west. Are these Sims related to him?

      M. Johnson