      From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Green
      Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 10:47 AM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: John Martin Johnson and Family

      I reviewed my data on the Green families of Lincoln and Franklin County
      TN and Jackson County AL and I found the following James Greens:

      James Green, son of William and Nancy Myrick Green born c 1806 in
      Virginia and moved to Lincoln County TN prior to 1820. He married a
      Martha (last name unknown) and moved to Jackson County between 1831 and
      1833. Martha is buried in Prince Cemetery with the dates (1/15/1813 -
      (9/29/1877) next to a grave marked only J G, presumably James Green.

      James Thomas Green (12/20/1851 - 4/27/1889), son of James and Martha
      (above). I have no data on his wife.

      James A. Green (10/23/1843 - 12/11/1861), son of Isaac and Mary E.
      Beasly Green, who died of illness while fighting for the Confederacy at
      Camp Fisher, VA. There is no record of any marriage.

      These are the only James Green's that I have been able to find in my
      data base that were born prior to 1870. After 1870, James pops up in
      many of the Green family lines.

      John McCollum Green

      base: 270.9.11/1820 - Release Date: 12/1/2008 8:23 AM