      From: reeddreaden
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Johnson and Green familiy

      my great, great grandfather John Martin Johnson died during the Civil War , between 1861 and l866 leaving his wife Martha and their children by themselves. The last child of theirs was born in 1866 and is 4 years old in l870. This would match with the John Martin Johnson who died before 1870 in Jackson County. Household # 312-316 where Mary Anderson Prince lives has to be the sister of Martha Johnson..as my great grandfather, William Jack Johnson, had a first cousin named William Prince. This William was born 1850 and my William Jack Johnson was born in 1852...they both went by the name of Billly with William's nickname of Button and William Jack's was Barlow. John Martin was in the Civil War and contracted measles and died of pneumonia. I started out thinking John Martin was Martin and his wife Martha Green...where I got the Green I do not know but, I have held on to it for 20 years of research...this web page has convinced me that my Martin was John Martin J ohnson. If you look at the naming pattern of President Johnson you will find his father Jacob..but his grandfather is William and Jacob's brother was John Johnson who married Martha Andrews. Will continue searching this family and I appreciate every bit of information that has been given me. Looking at my grandmother's notes she said her grandmother (Martha Johnson) was an Anderson before she married...I kept thinking it was a great grandmother. Also, my William Jack met his future wife in Tennessee...she lived in Greenville, TN...and President Johnson lived their as well...it is possible that William Jack and relatives went to Greenville to visit his cousin, the President and met his future wife. Phoebe Wilcox.
      #311-315 household is Catherine (Williams) Anderson widow of Horatio Anderson
      #312-316 household is Mary (Anderson) Prince widow of Thomas R. Prince, daughter of Horatio Anderson

      HH# 313-317 Big Coon 1870
      Martha Johnson 35 AL
      Wm. J. 18 AL
      Elizabeth E. 16 AL (Elvy)
      Malinda C. 14 AL (California)
      F. 9 AL female
      Milton G. 6 AL
      James M. 4 AL

      #1 Hopkins County Texas in 1860. In 1870 Jasper Township, Camden County,
      MO. In 1880, Ripley County, Missouri. With only scraps of info, I thought
      I'd send this along in case someone saw some pattern in their history with
      either a family name or migration pattern. Of course, couldn't resist the
      John Green connection.

      Anybody know if the Martin and Berry Johnsons had land grants or homesteads
      in Jackson County? I have the "Family Maps of Jackson County, Alabama" book
      and couldn't find them.

      Jim