10780Re: [jacksongenealogy] Johnson and Green familiy

  • John Green
    Nov 9, 2008
      I have looked through all my family data and I don't think the Martha
      Green who married Martin Johnson is from my line. There were at least
      two and probably three unrelated families named Green or Greene who
      lived in the upper Larkin Creek area by the late 1800's. There are
      several Marthas in my data, but none match up with the correct time
      frame. Green is one of those names that the British forced upon Irish
      rebels and their sympathizers in an effort to break up the Celtic
      family clans that were proving to be a source of rebels against the
      crown. As a result, there were many totally unrelated families named
      Green, many of whom moved to America to escape the British yoke. This
      makes our genealogy search effort extremely hard to make connections
      back to our original European ancestors. Good luck, and please keep
      this web site informed of any new information. I believe I remember my
      cousins saying that we were related to a least some of the Johnsons in
      the Valley, but I don't think this Martha is that connection.

      John McCollum Green