      From: Karl Plenge <kmplenge@...>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] MANSON and HILL
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 2:12 AM

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Karl Plenge
      To: Mike Deen
      Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:01 PM
      Subject: Re: The Romance of the Cremson Scarf

      I am Kay Hill Deen not Mike he is my husband!

      Oops, sorry!

      This is all very interesting to me. The last few years I have been studying
      part time in Longview, TX, which is about 20 miles from Marshall, and have found
      that I have other genealogical connections to Marshall (not Mansons, however).
      I had been in Longview for nearly a year before I knew about my Marshall
      connection 20 minutes away! And Groveton is probably less than an hour from
      Longview also.

      Your letter may provide a little more of the puzzle on Lizzie Manson Hill. Up
      until now my best guess is that she was the daughter of Isaac Manson of
      Huntsville. This may help me confirm or deny that...we will see.

      Since you are new to the Manson name, let me answer the first question most of
      us have...no, we are not related to Charles nor Marilyn. Both of them took
      Manson as adoptive names!

      The two researchers I work the most closely with are Parrish Manson in Maine
      and Holi Manson-Spooner in Arizona. I am going to copy both of them on this,
      and also forward them your emails.