10681MANSON and HILL

  • Karl Plenge
    Oct 15, 2008
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Mike Deen
      To: kmplenge@...
      Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:41 PM
      Subject: Re: The Romance of the Cremson Scarf

      Dear Karl,

      I am Kay Hill Deen not Mike he is my husband! I am so new at this my apologies! I did now expect to hear from you so soon and am delighted at the picture of my grandfather and the railroad information! The Manson name is fairly new to me and I will be happy to work with any one interested. I do have a letter written to my grandfather I found in his things. I do not know how to scan things on this computer so my husband will scan the original from work tomorrow.

      let me see if I can copy down what it says now.

      Groveton Texas
      Aug 13,1909

      Mr. TO.L. Hill
      Paint Rock, Ala
      Dear cousin;;
      I am the only daughter of Mrs. Minnie Dunlap the Minnie Manson the daughter of Joe Manson your dear Mothers Brother.
      As I Know little about the Manson family would like to correspond with you also come visit us some time.
      Grandpa and grandma are now very old so they live with their children.
      They would be so very proud to hear from you.
      Your letter lay in Marshal PO Box from 1901 to 1902 where cousin Ike Manson I.C. brother come to marshal from his home (Newt?) Texas and sent the letter to Lovelady were Joe lived they gave your letter to my mother some years ago and as I came across it today I thought would write . Will hope to hear real soon
      Your Little Cousin
      Reba Dunlap
      Grovetown Tex.
      Box 46.