10586RE: [jacksongenealogy] Dicie SHELTON GOODMAN

  • Vicki L. Hill
    Sep 18, 2008
      >I am looking for a "Dicie", "Dica?" Shelton that married William Eugene
      >Goodman. Does this name ring a bell with anyone?

      I can't help you on this specific one, but note that Dicie was often short
      for "Laodice"; similarly, Vicie was often short for "Lavicia". In old
      handwriting, Dicie and Vicie may look somewhat the same, so always include
      these two longer forms in your searches. (I have these family names back in
      Georgia, so I've 'been there, done that' with these names.)

      Vicki Hill
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic