10235Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Russel surname--- Millican connection

  • John Green
    Jul 2, 2008
      Sharon,

      It is quite possible that Millican and Milligan are just two spellings
      of the same original family name. My family has many examples: Reed,
      Reid, Read, Green, Greene, McCollum, McCullum, MacCallam, Henshaw,
      Hinshaw. and so on. Many early census takers contributed to this by
      phonetically spelling whatever they thought they heard.

      John McCollum Green