10232Re: Russel surname--- Millican connection

  • my_nana93309
    Jul 1, 2008
      Sharon.... My Millicans from Jackson Co., AL are Benjamin and
      Rebecca Howell Millican (Millikan) from TN who settled in the Mud
      Creek area around 1838. It was their son Benjamin who married Sarah
      Russell from the Stevenson area. They along with Benj and Rebeccas's
      son Francis Marion Millican (my Line) and several other siblings
      moved to MO and then into Texas. All of this Millican family was
      gone from AL by around 1868 just after Rebecca died.

      If any of this sounds familiar to you please contact me. I will be
      happy to share information.

      pat

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Henson
      <rhodasharon1944@...> wrote:

      > What Millican family are you researching?  I have an Elizabeth
      Millican that married Samuel Gay. These are my great grandparents. If
      they are in your line, I would like to talk to you either on list or
      off.
      >  Gotta run as I have too many irons in the fire this morning.
      > Sharon Langham Henson    granddaughter of John Nelson Gay and
      Elizabeth Millican.

      State
      > Legislature in 1827-1829." From Walter Russell, March 01, 2007. All
      > the Russell family info comes from Walt.
      >
      > Child of JAMES RUSSELL and NELLY BAKER is:
      > 2. i. WILLIAM CROGHAN3 RUSSELL, b. 27 Sep 1813, North
      > Carolina; d. 03 Nov 1856, Jackson Co., Alabama.
      >
      > Generation No. 2
      >
      > 2. WILLIAM CROGHAN3 RUSSELL (JAMES2, MATTHEW1) was born 27 Sep 1813
      > in North Carolina, and died 03 Nov 1856 in Jackson Co., Alabama. He
      > married JANE ELIZABETH RUTHERFORD. She was born 15 Jan 1815 in
      > Tennessee, and died 11 Feb 1864.
      >
      > More About WILLIAM CROGHAN RUSSELL:
      > Burial: Russell Cemetery on old Russell Farm near Stevenson, AL
      >
      > More About JANE ELIZABETH RUTHERFORD:
      > Burial: Russel Cemetery on old Russell Farm near Stevenson, AL
      >
      > Children of WILLIAM RUSSELL and JANE RUTHERFORD are:
      > i. SARAH ELLEN C4 RUSSELL, b. 14 Oct 1843, Jackson Co.,
      > Alabama; d. 18 Mar 1909, Irving, Tarrant Co., Texas; m. BENJAMIN F
      > MILLICAN, 1858; b. 08 May 1840, Jackson Co., Alabama; d. 30 Apr
      1921,
      > Irving, Tarrant Co., Texas.
      >
      > More About SARAH ELLEN C RUSSELL:
      > Burial: Sowers Cemetery, Irving, Tarrant Co., Texas
      >
      > More About BENJAMIN F MILLICAN:
      > Burial: Sowers Cemetery, Irving, Tarrant Co., Texas
      >
      > ii. CHARLES RUSSELL, b. 14 Oct 1843, Jackson Co., Alabama.
      >
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "Pam Cain" <cmycats@ >
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Are there any Russel surname researches on the list?
      > >
      > > One of my Hamilton research friends has been toying with the idea
      > that Russel Hamilton's mother was a Russel, and that maybe her
      father
      > was James Russel. There are several Russels living close to Russel
      > Hamilton in the 1830 Jackson census.
      > >
      > > Of course, we have no proof, but we also think that Russel
      Hamilton