Re: [j_bamboo] Naturally Writeous JAHmaican Hand crafted Bamboo Paper

  • Environment TOBAGO
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      Greetings from Tobago

      The Rio Grande Valley sounds like a fantastic place to live, I envy your
      spot, but here in Tobago its my home and I love it , one day I hope that I
      can visit Jamaica
      I have never been to that island.
      Now your bamboo paper sounds like something that I would like to see develop
      in Tobago because we have a lot of bamboo all over the island and I always
      wished that it can be uterlised either for houses or paper hand made I would
      love to learn this art. The idea of a bamboo house is something I always
      wanted to build but I do not have the knowledge. Can you help?
      What is the cost of your handmade paper? Have not been on the site yet but
      will get there
      I think what you are doing Simon is what is necessary for the world now use
      our natural resources and stop cutting down our trees. Our earth is starting
      to rebel.
      I hope its not too late. Spread this art to the rest of the Caribbean we
      need it.

      God Bless, Cheers

      Greta Akili
      from Tobago
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
        Hi Greta:

        I just ran into your email response and realized that had I seen it earlier I
        may have been able to check in with you while I was in Tobago between January
        21-26. I did notice the large amount of Bamboo and it crossed my mind that the
        construction from bamboo may be a good idea for your tourism product.

        My ENGO was involved in a bamboo construction project and there is some
        experience to share. Well hope we can pursue it some more.

        Hugh Dixon.
        Southern Trelawny Environmental Agency