Re: [j4x-owners-group] J-40 dacron genoa wanted in the bay area

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2013
      I have a 135%All purpose Passagemaker  Tape Drive #2 genoa made by UK-Halsey  in Feb of 2010 which I would like to sell.  The I measurement on my boat is 50.5'.
      The sail is mylar with taffeta laminated to it with polyester tapes. It has a foam luff and non woven sun protection on the leech and foot. It has a tele-tail window and tele-tails.
      The sail is in very good condition with only limited use as I also have a 155% which has been our primary sail for racing over the past two years.
      If this sail would fit your boat it would actually be better than a 155% which could overpower the boat in winds over 15-18kts.
      let me know if you are interested.
      Bill Stellin     Jaywalker

      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 12, 2013, at 8:19 PM, "Frank Flannery" <fflanner@...> wrote:

      My 155% light air genoa finally bit it. Too much sun mixed with
      exotic materials doesn't make for good cruising sails, unfortunately.

      Hence, I am wondering if there are any j-40s in the Bay area with an
      old dacron %150 genoa, give or take, that would like to pass it on for
      a good price. My wife will be in San Francisco for a week at the end
      of the month and could bring it back with her to Panama.

      It looks like the j-42 mast is just a little taller, unfortunately. I
      don't think the headsail would work without a recut, and there are no
      sailmakers down here.

      Maybe we can get a jib off an AC72??

      Frank