Folding Prop?

  • Scott, Kim, Max & Cody Dickinson
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 23, 2009
      Our J42 #33 currently has a fixed 3 blade prop. I'm considering
      replacing with a folding or feathering.

      Looking at all the popular models.

      We'll be racing in SF Bay, the Coast of CA and some Pacific runs to
      Hawaii.

      What is working for your boat? Any recommendations?

      Thanks
      Scott Dickinson
      Tiki J
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 25 2:46 PM

        Thank you so much, I have someone by my boat to measure. Tony

        From:        "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...>
        To:        <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
        Date:        03/25/2011 12:06 PM
        Subject:        [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

        I have a broken window / port on my J/42. The aluminum hinge it cracked. I took the port out to find the opening in the figerglass significantly larger than need be and the screws holding it to the boat barley overlapping the fiberglass. Now I need a new opening port.  Does anyone know the manufacturer of the unit item so I may purchase a replacement? TOny