Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: J 42 Forestay Length

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
      Nan Hall rocks.

      On 7/11/2013 12:48 PM, jrppig wrote:

      Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

    • tony@shanomet.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
        Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:17 PM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

        I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
          Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.
          I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.
          Bill

          image.jpeg
          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "tony@..." <tony@...> wrote:

          Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:17 PM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

          I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

          On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

          Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

          --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
          > thanks,
          > John Potter
          > Hurlevent #57

        • Barry Dwyer
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013

            I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

            Barry

          • shanecreamer@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
              I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

              Shane

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                It is the Xantrex Link 2000/2000R box.  Now discontinued.
                http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/DataSheet/DS20080425_Link%202000-2000R.pdf

                The latest meter is here:
                http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-accessories/linklite-battery-monitor.aspx

                Bernie

                Vacation Alert: 8/5-8/16 inclusive

                Bernie Coyne
                Sr. Technical Marketing Manager
                DevOps Collaborative Development Practice

                From:        Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...>
                To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
                Date:        07/30/2013 02:28 PM

                johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                --- In
                j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin
                dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                > thanks,
                > John Potter
                > Hurlevent #57

              • Jim Brainard
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                  Victron Energy also makes a nice one (or 2).

                  Jim   sv Brainwaves

                  On Jul 30, 2013, at 12:38 PM, shearwater@... wrote:

                  I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                  Shane

                  I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                  Barry

                  Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.

                  I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.

                  Bill

                  <image001.jpg>