Re: J 42 Forestay Length

  • jrppig
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
      Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
        I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
          Nan Hall rocks.

        • tony@shanomet.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
            Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
              Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.
              I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.
              Bill

              image.jpeg
              Sent from my iPad

              On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "tony@..." <tony@...> wrote:

              Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:17 PM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

              I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

              On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

              Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

              --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

              > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
              > thanks,
              > John Potter
              > Hurlevent #57

            • Barry Dwyer
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013

                I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                Barry

              • shanecreamer@rocketmail.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                  I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                  Shane

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                    It is the Xantrex Link 2000/2000R box.  Now discontinued.
                    http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/DataSheet/DS20080425_Link%202000-2000R.pdf

                    The latest meter is here:
                    http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-accessories/linklite-battery-monitor.aspx

                    Bernie

                    Vacation Alert: 8/5-8/16 inclusive

                    Bernie Coyne
                    Sr. Technical Marketing Manager
                    DevOps Collaborative Development Practice

                    From:        Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...>
                    To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date:        07/30/2013 02:28 PM

                    I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                    Barry

                    Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: J 42 Forestay Length

                    johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                    Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                    --- In
                    j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                    > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin
                    dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                    > thanks,
                    > John Potter
                    > Hurlevent #57

                  • Jim Brainard
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                      Victron Energy also makes a nice one (or 2).

                      Jim   sv Brainwaves

                      On Jul 30, 2013, at 12:38 PM, shearwater@... wrote:

                      I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                      Shane

                      I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                      Barry

                      Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.

                      I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.

                      Bill

                      <image001.jpg>