Re: J 42 Forestay Length

  • Newt Merrill
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
      Try also Hall Spars. They have been a good source of rig data for me in
      the past. Newt Merrill

      Newton P.S. Merrill
      E-mail: Newt@...
      (O) 212-873-0287
      (C) 917-860-0373
      (F) 212-873-0289
    • jrppig
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
        Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
          I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
            Nan Hall rocks.

          • tony@shanomet.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
              Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.
                I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.
                Bill

                image.jpeg
                Sent from my iPad

                On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "tony@..." <tony@...> wrote:

                Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:17 PM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

                I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

                On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                > thanks,
                > John Potter
                > Hurlevent #57

              • Barry Dwyer
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013

                  I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                  Barry

                • shanecreamer@rocketmail.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                    I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                    Shane

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                      It is the Xantrex Link 2000/2000R box.  Now discontinued.
                      http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/DataSheet/DS20080425_Link%202000-2000R.pdf

                      The latest meter is here:
                      http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-accessories/linklite-battery-monitor.aspx

                      Bernie

                      Vacation Alert: 8/5-8/16 inclusive

                      Bernie Coyne
                      Sr. Technical Marketing Manager
                      DevOps Collaborative Development Practice

                      From:        Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...>
                      To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
                      Date:        07/30/2013 02:28 PM

                      I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                      Barry

                      Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: J 42 Forestay Length

                      johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                      Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                      --- In
                      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                      > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin
                      dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                      > thanks,
                      > John Potter
                      > Hurlevent #57

                    • Jim Brainard
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                        Victron Energy also makes a nice one (or 2).

                        Jim   sv Brainwaves

                        On Jul 30, 2013, at 12:38 PM, shearwater@... wrote:

                        I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                        Shane

                        I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                        Barry

                        Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.

                        I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.

                        Bill

                        <image001.jpg>