Re: [j4x-owners-group] J 42 Forestay Length

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 9, 2013
      Why not measure your old one.

      On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:29 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

      Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
      thanks,
      John Potter
      Hurlevent #57

    • jrppig
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 10, 2013
        My forestay is wire and I am guessing the wire may have stretched somewhat with 10 years of club racing. I hoped to find the original spec but haven't found it yet. I'll try J Boat but thought somebody may have gone through this exercise.
        thanks,
        JP

        --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

        > Why not measure your old one.
        > Bill
        >
        > Sent from my iPad
        >
        > On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:29 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
        > > thanks,
        > > John Potter
        > > Hurlevent #57

      • Paul Rogers
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
          Contact Nan Hall at Hall at Hall Spars phone 401-643-1533 email n.hall@....  She can supply you with the information and also a replacement.
          Paul Rogers  Canty J-42 #38
          On Jul 10, 2013, at 2:51 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

          My forestay is wire and I am guessing the wire may have stretched somewhat with 10 years of club racing. I hoped to find the original spec but haven't found it yet. I'll try J Boat but thought somebody may have gone through this exercise.
          thanks,
          JP

          --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

          > Why not measure your old one.
          > Bill
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:29 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
          > > thanks,
          > > John Potter
          > > Hurlevent #57

        • Newt Merrill
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
            Try also Hall Spars. They have been a good source of rig data for me in
            the past. Newt Merrill

            Newton P.S. Merrill
            E-mail: Newt@...
            (O) 212-873-0287
            (C) 917-860-0373
            (F) 212-873-0289
          • jrppig
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
              Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
                I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
                  Nan Hall rocks.

                • tony@shanomet.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                    Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                      Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.
                      I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.
                      Bill

                      image.jpeg
                      Sent from my iPad

                      On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "tony@..." <tony@...> wrote:

                      Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:17 PM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

                      I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

                      On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                      Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                      > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                      > thanks,
                      > John Potter
                      > Hurlevent #57

                    • Barry Dwyer
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013

                        I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                        Barry

                      • shanecreamer@rocketmail.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                          I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                          Shane

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                            It is the Xantrex Link 2000/2000R box.  Now discontinued.
                            http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/DataSheet/DS20080425_Link%202000-2000R.pdf

                            The latest meter is here:
                            http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-accessories/linklite-battery-monitor.aspx

                            Bernie

                            Vacation Alert: 8/5-8/16 inclusive

                            Bernie Coyne
                            Sr. Technical Marketing Manager
                            DevOps Collaborative Development Practice

                            From:        Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...>
                            To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
                            Date:        07/30/2013 02:28 PM

                            I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                            Barry

                            Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: J 42 Forestay Length

                            johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                            Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                            --- In
                            j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                            > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin
                            dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                            > thanks,
                            > John Potter
                            > Hurlevent #57

                          • Jim Brainard
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                              Victron Energy also makes a nice one (or 2).

                              Jim   sv Brainwaves

                              On Jul 30, 2013, at 12:38 PM, shearwater@... wrote:

                              I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                              Shane

                              I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                              Barry

                              Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.

                              I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.

                              Bill

                              <image001.jpg>