J 42 Forestay Length

  • jrppig
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 9, 2013
      Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
      thanks,
      John Potter
      Hurlevent #57
    • jrppig

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 10, 2013
            My forestay is wire and I am guessing the wire may have stretched somewhat with 10 years of club racing. I hoped to find the original spec but haven't found it yet. I'll try J Boat but thought somebody may have gone through this exercise.
            thanks,
            JP

            --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

            > Why not measure your old one.
            > Bill
            >
            > Sent from my iPad
            >
            > On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:29 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
            > > thanks,
            > > John Potter
            > > Hurlevent #57

          • Paul Rogers
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
              Contact Nan Hall at Hall at Hall Spars phone 401-643-1533 email n.hall@....  She can supply you with the information and also a replacement.
              Paul Rogers  Canty J-42 #38
              On Jul 10, 2013, at 2:51 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

              My forestay is wire and I am guessing the wire may have stretched somewhat with 10 years of club racing. I hoped to find the original spec but haven't found it yet. I'll try J Boat but thought somebody may have gone through this exercise.
              thanks,
              JP

              --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

              > Why not measure your old one.
              > Bill
              >
              > Sent from my iPad
              >
              > On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:29 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
              > > thanks,
              > > John Potter
              > > Hurlevent #57

            • Newt Merrill
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
                Try also Hall Spars. They have been a good source of rig data for me in
                the past. Newt Merrill

                Newton P.S. Merrill
                E-mail: Newt@...
                (O) 212-873-0287
                (C) 917-860-0373
                (F) 212-873-0289
              • jrppig
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
                  Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
                    I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 11, 2013
                      Nan Hall rocks.

                    • tony@shanomet.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                        Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                          Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.
                          I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.
                          Bill

                          image.jpeg
                          Sent from my iPad

                          On Jul 30, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "tony@..." <tony@...> wrote:

                          Bill, what was the name/type of amp meter you suggested.

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:17 PM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

                          I am sure you are aware, Harken Roller Furling older and maybe current units do not have a pin at bottom.  They use a threaded stud so exact dim is not critical.

                          On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                          Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                          --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                          > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                          > thanks,
                          > John Potter
                          > Hurlevent #57

                        • Barry Dwyer
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013

                            I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                            Barry

                          • shanecreamer@rocketmail.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                              I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                              Shane

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                                It is the Xantrex Link 2000/2000R box.  Now discontinued.
                                http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/DataSheet/DS20080425_Link%202000-2000R.pdf

                                The latest meter is here:
                                http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-accessories/linklite-battery-monitor.aspx

                                Bernie

                                Vacation Alert: 8/5-8/16 inclusive

                                Bernie Coyne
                                Sr. Technical Marketing Manager
                                DevOps Collaborative Development Practice

                                From:        Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...>
                                To:        "j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com" <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
                                Date:        07/30/2013 02:28 PM

                                I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                                Barry

                                Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: J 42 Forestay Length

                                johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                                Thanks all, the forestay pin to pin dim is 52'3". Hall is an excellent source. John

                                --- In
                                j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

                                > Hi, I am rebuilding my roller furler and would like to know the pin-to-pin
                                dimension for the forestay. Anybody know where I can find it?
                                > thanks,
                                > John Potter
                                > Hurlevent #57

                              • Jim Brainard
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 30, 2013
                                  Victron Energy also makes a nice one (or 2).

                                  Jim   sv Brainwaves

                                  On Jul 30, 2013, at 12:38 PM, shearwater@... wrote:

                                  I have one like Bill's, but I think Xantrex may have bought the company. Here's a link to the Xanterx LinkPro Battery Monitor:

                                  Shane

                                  I believe in a PS article a xantrex battery monitor was the suggested buy. Sorry I don’t have the model #.

                                  Barry

                                  Mine is called LINK 10 by Heart Interface.

                                  I don't think the exact same one is made, however there are amp meters on the market, maybe from the same company that just look a little different, but do the same thing.

                                  Bill

                                  <image001.jpg>