J-42 Forward head mounting

  • hst_jreed
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013
      I discovered that on of the lag bolts that secured the foreward head down had rusted off. When inspecting the other 5 lag bolts a second also sheared off due to rust.

      Has anyone else experienced this problem and knows what the lag bolts are set into below the insert?

      I am going to have to drill out the old bolts since an easy out has not worked to extract tho old bolts and will have to rebuild the interface. any thoughts or guidance?

      Joe Reed
      Keep It Simple Hull #12