TV antenna

  • gmail account
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013

    We are living on Another J now and would like to have TV for mornings, etc.  I have heard that a Glomex antenna works well in getting national channels and others depending on your location.  I am wondering if anyone else has installed one and what suggestions you would have for type and location.  I have an antenna post (see pic) on the port stern that holds the radar, two GPS and a Sat phone antenna’s.  I plan to locate the TV antenna there (either above the Sat phone antenna or below the radar dome on the post)   My questions are:

    ·        Do you think the location could affect the sat phone reception?

    ·        Have you heard or experienced the different antennas – what seem to be better qualities?

    ·

    As always – thanks for your insight.

    Conrad

    Another J

    Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
      I too am interested in answers about TV antennas.  I have heard Glomex is very good and some friends swear by Shakespear.   Most everyone seems to have them mounted on the top of the mast which I don't want.  I would rather use the radar post arch like Conrad is thinking about.
      I wonder if it is high enough for fringe reception.
      Bill     #6

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jun 24, 2013, at 9:58 AM, "gmail account" <cdsail123@...> wrote:

      We are living on Another J now and would like to have TV for mornings, etc.  I have heard that a Glomex antenna works well in getting national channels and others depending on your location.  I am wondering if anyone else has installed one and what suggestions you would have for type and location.  I have an antenna post (see pic) on the port stern that holds the radar, two GPS and a Sat phone antenna’s.  I plan to locate the TV antenna there (either above the Sat phone antenna or below the radar dome on the post)   My questions are:

      ·        Do you think the location could affect the sat phone reception?

      ·        Have you heard or experienced the different antennas – what seem to be better qualities?

      ·

      As always – thanks for your insight.

      Conrad

      Another J

    • Scott Dickinson & Kim Worsham
      Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
        We have a Shakespear mounted above our radar unit on the our stern arch.  We get about 8 channels in the bay area.  Friends with thier antenna on the mast get channels we don't, but it works out fine for our limited us.  We remove during big ocean racing, so no idea if Sat phone impact.  We mounted our Sat phone Antenna in its place during racing.  No experience with different models.

        Scott
        TikiJ #33