Aluminum Toe Rail

  • wayne.cassady
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
      Our boat is the former Pipe Dream and has a lot of ocean miles. She's in fresh water now and has been for ten years. The aluminum toe rail has some corrosion that starts as a pin hole, sometimes near a stainless steel screw, sometimes not. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2013
        We were  first in fresh water, then 9 years in salt and now the past  few back in fresh.  We have some corrosion where the thru bolts are but it is minor.  Our main cosmetic problem with the toe rail is that the anodizing is has come off in spots.  I think I was a little too aggressive with Rust and Stain remover on the stainless    and it ate away the anodizing.
        Bill Stellin   #6
        Sent from my iPad