Re: [j4x-owners-group] Diameter of Emergency Tiller Deck Plate Lid?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hi Tom:

      I am not in need of this o-ring but I really appreciate the link to McMaster-Carr!  I often need different sized o-rings and they seem to have everything!!

      Happy New Year to all J owners!

      cheers,
       Bernie
       s/v Mystic Rose  J/46

      Bernie Coyne
      Technical Marketing Manager
      Application Lifecycle Management Solutions

      From:        Thomas Keffer <tkeffer@...>
      To:        j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Date:        12/28/2012 10:48 AM
      Subject:        Re: [j4x-owners-group] Diameter of Emergency Tiller Deck Plate Lid?

      My plate was made by Viking (now out of business), but I ordered Neoprene O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 445, part 94115K445 from McMcMaster-Carr and they seem to fit well.

      YMMV.

      -tk

      On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM, rersk <rersk@...> wrote:

      As my boat is in a far away place and needs a replacement O ring for the deck plate that encloses the upper rudder bearing, I'm checking to see if someone out there knows the diameter of the Plate or the O ring...and happy New Year to all J sailors where ever they may be.

      Thanks,
      Reed J42 #65 Cayenne, lying in Alghero, Sardinia

      --
      Tom Keffer
      keffer@...