Re: [j4x-owners-group] Diameter of Emergency Tiller Deck Plate Lid?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2012
      Tom
      My hats off to you for finding the o ring.  That was some job of sleuthing.  If you had to buy 4 and can only use one, I will buy one from you at the full price of 4 as a thank you for going to all the work.

      On Dec 28, 2012, at 10:48 AM, "Thomas Keffer" <tkeffer@...> wrote:

      My plate was made by Viking (now out of business), but I ordered Neoprene O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 445, part 94115K445 from McMcMaster-Carr and they seem to fit well.

      YMMV.

      -tk

      On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM, rersk <rersk@...> wrote:

      As my boat is in a far away place and needs a replacement O ring for the deck plate that encloses the upper rudder bearing, I'm checking to see if someone out there knows the diameter of the Plate or the O ring...and happy New Year to all J sailors where ever they may be.

      Thanks,
      Reed J42 #65 Cayenne, lying in Alghero, Sardinia

      --
      Tom Keffer
      keffer@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 28, 2012
        LOL! I'm happy to just send you one. Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll slip one in the mail. An 8.5 x 11 envelope will do.

        -tk
        1201 Country Club Rd.
        Hood River, OR 97031

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2012
          I got mine to stop leaking, but now it seems to have started up again. It seems to be very sensitive to how well the deck plate is fitted.

          One thing we can all agree on: it's a crappy design.

          -tk

          On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:55 AM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

          I have never been able to keep my deck plate from leaking even after replacing the whole plate.
          Finally, I just sealed it up.  I figure I can yank the plate out if I ever have to use the emergency tiller.
          Bill    Jaywalker  #6

          Sent from my iPad

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 29, 2012
              Hi Tom:

              I am not in need of this o-ring but I really appreciate the link to McMaster-Carr!  I often need different sized o-rings and they seem to have everything!!

              Happy New Year to all J owners!

              cheers,
               Bernie
               s/v Mystic Rose  J/46

              Bernie Coyne
              Technical Marketing Manager
              Application Lifecycle Management Solutions