Re: [j4x-owners-group] Diameter of Emergency Tiller Deck Plate Lid?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2012
      I have never been able to keep my deck plate from leaking even after replacing the whole plate.
      Finally, I just sealed it up.  I figure I can yank the plate out if I ever have to use the emergency tiller.
      Bill    Jaywalker  #6

      Sent from my iPad

      On Dec 28, 2012, at 10:48 AM, "Thomas Keffer" <tkeffer@...> wrote:

      My plate was made by Viking (now out of business), but I ordered Neoprene O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 445, part 94115K445 from McMcMaster-Carr and they seem to fit well.

      YMMV.

      -tk

      On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM, rersk <rersk@...> wrote:

      As my boat is in a far away place and needs a replacement O ring for the deck plate that encloses the upper rudder bearing, I'm checking to see if someone out there knows the diameter of the Plate or the O ring...and happy New Year to all J sailors where ever they may be.

      Thanks,
      Reed J42 #65 Cayenne, lying in Alghero, Sardinia

      --
      Tom Keffer
      keffer@...

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2012
          LOL! I'm happy to just send you one. Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll slip one in the mail. An 8.5 x 11 envelope will do.

          -tk
          1201 Country Club Rd.
          Hood River, OR 97031

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 29, 2012
                Hi Tom:

                I am not in need of this o-ring but I really appreciate the link to McMaster-Carr!  I often need different sized o-rings and they seem to have everything!!

                Happy New Year to all J owners!

                cheers,
                 Bernie
                 s/v Mystic Rose  J/46

                Bernie Coyne
                Technical Marketing Manager
                Application Lifecycle Management Solutions