J-42 Keep It Simple Wins 2012 Caribbean 1500 Rally

  • hst_jreed
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 4, 2012
      Keep It Simple a J-42 Captained by Joe Reed with a crew of three placed 1st place in Class B of the 2012 Caribbean 1500 and 1st overall. Keep It simple provided a great ride and held up well in all conditions. The total time was 8 days 6 hours and 20 minutes with the engine only being used 22.3 hours.

      The boat performed very well and averaged over 7.5 kts over the 1500 nm rally.
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 4, 2012
        Way cool. Congratulations!

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 4, 2012
          Great sail in what you already knew was the perfect boat.
          Bill Stellin. Jaywalker
          PS. Watch for the Monday December 10th issue of the Wall Street Journal. I have a story in that issue about cruising.

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012
            Great article Bill and Judy. Will pass along to the wife.

            On 12/4/2012 4:01 PM, William Stellin wrote:

            Great sail in what you already knew was the perfect boat.
            Bill Stellin. Jaywalker
            PS. Watch for the Monday December 10th issue of the Wall Street Journal. I have a story in that issue about cruising.

            Sent from my iPad

          • Barry Dwyer
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012

              Already sent the article to my wife.

              Now all I need to do is retire and buy a J/42.

              Barry

              Xscion-Logo - 25linkedin 25FaceBook - 25Twitter 25

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012
                  Agreed...great inspirational article Bill!!

                  Bernie Coyne
                  Sr. Market Manager
                  Application Lifecycle Management Solutions

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012

                      No kidding...great article and experience.

                      Conrad

                      From:        Wayne Cassady <wcassady@...>
                      To:         j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
                      Date:        12/10/2012 02:04 PM
                      Sent by:         j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012

                        Great article, Bill! But you didn't mention the type of boat! :-)

                        Here's a direct link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578105331290151610.html

                        -tk

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012
                          I wanted to but the Journal felt it would be a testimonial.  Frankly they are right and the story could lose some credibility.  People might think I was put up to it by J/Boats.  I didn't even use our boat name because people could Google it and find the boat builder.

                        • shearwater@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012
                            Bill-

                            You should tell J Boats about the article so they can link to it in their newsletter. They can identify the boat model and name in the newsletter.

                            Shane Creamer
                            J42 #30
                            Baruna

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012