cabin floor

  • Conrad
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20 5:39 AM

      Does anyone know what the finish (varnish or other) that is on the cabin floor?  I want to buff and do another coat.

      Another J

      # 46

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20 5:48 AM
        Before we replaced the cabin sole with a synthetic we refinished ours with Helmsman Spar urethane. Easy to find, use and is durable. Absolutely do not use Epiphanes. Looks great for about a day. Don't know what yours looks like but it was very helpful to finish the backside anywhere that moisture could move into the wood (ie: over bilge).

      • intrepid-j40@tampabay.rr.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20 6:06 AM
          Wayne,

          We are looking into replace of sole with some synthetic product.  What did you use?  Did you replace the two berths as well as the cabin sole?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

          Jeff & Susan Russo
          "Intrepid"

          Intrepid-J40@...

          ~_/)~

          Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.