Re: [j4x-owners-group] Washdown Pump Installation

  • Sk_Dickinson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2012
      Hi.
      Ours came with sea water pump under aft head sink with a line to the anchor locker for wash down. Works well for us.
      Scott
      #33 tiki j

      Scott Dickinson

      650-438-7197

      On Aug 31, 2012, at 4:09 PM, "jrppig" <johnrpotter@...> wrote:

      Hi, I just bought a J42,and I want to install a wash down system. I favor the anchor well for the pump and controls but getting a line to a thru-hull under the forepeak does not look easy. I think some J42s were delivered with washdown systems so if you have any thoughts I would appreciate them
      thanks,
      John Potter
      Hurlevent #57

    • Newt Merrill
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2012
        John--Welcome to the world of 42's. Ours is also installed in the anchor
        well, port side using head thru hull and wired into same circuit as head
        shower sump pumps. Works fine. Newt (Hull #20)

        Newton P.S. Merrill
        E-mail: Newt@...
        (O) 212-873-0287
        (C) 917-860-0373
        (F) 212-873-0289
      • John Burnett
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2012
          Hi,
          We have a J46 which came with a washdown dump installed under the v-berth.  As I recall the hose from the pump goes through the same opening into the anchor well as the port water tank vent host.
          cheers,
          John Burnett
          Folie a Deux