Re: [j4x-owners-group] Washdown Pump Installation

  • tony@shanomet.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2012
      Another thought:
      There may be good reasons to place pump in well, it's a matter if preference But:

      The well leaks potentially damaging pump.
      The anchor line and chain fill bottom and if you store fenders dock lines etc they could interfere with pump. T

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 31, 2012, at 10:13 PM, johnrpotter@... wrote:

      Tony, thank you.  Does the pressure line from the pump run to the anchor well or somewhere else on deck?
      John

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2012
        Hi.
        Ours came with sea water pump under aft head sink with a line to the anchor locker for wash down. Works well for us.
        Scott

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2012
          John--Welcome to the world of 42's. Ours is also installed in the anchor
          well, port side using head thru hull and wired into same circuit as head
          shower sump pumps. Works fine. Newt (Hull #20)

          Newton P.S. Merrill
          E-mail: Newt@...
          (O) 212-873-0287
          (C) 917-860-0373
          (F) 212-873-0289
        • John Burnett
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2012
            Hi,
            We have a J46 which came with a washdown dump installed under the v-berth.  As I recall the hose from the pump goes through the same opening into the anchor well as the port water tank vent host.
            cheers,
            John Burnett
            Folie a Deux