J/42 for sale

  • Robert Thuss
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2012
      If anybody knows of someone interested in buying a J/42, please send them my way! "Jade" is for sale and she is the ultimate Cruiser/Racer. She has been well maintained and is fully equipped for cruising, club racing or offshore racing. She is comfortable to sail in all conditions, with her SCRIMP hull and carbon fiber mast. Electric primary winches and wireless autopilot help to make her easy to sail shorthanded, and her dark green hull, tan deck, varnished toe rail and Sunbrella Toast canvas combine to make her a good-looking boat. She is priced to sell and ready to go anywhere. Many extras including Fairclough winter cover, full set winter jackstands, spare parts and 10 sails. Full listing with photos and broker contact can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/JadeUS50777
      Thanks and regards,
      Robert Thuss
      Atlantic Highlands, NJ
    • Ivan Getting
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30
        Greetings all,

        KITTIWAKE, J/42 hull no. 74, is for sale but not yet listed with a broker.  After eight wonderful years of cruising in the Pacific Northwest from Seattle, WA to Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska it is time to hang up my skipper’s hat.  KITTIWAKE was built in 2006 with direct input from me: all the deck hatches have compression closures, she does not leak through the chain locker, etc.  She was commissioned at CSR Marine in Seattle under my supervision.  She is the full draft model with a carbon mast and rod rigging and carries modern sails.  She has never been raced.  I have lived aboard during the summers.  During the winters she has been stripped down, covered, and heated.  Detailed information and service records are available.  If you, or anyone you know, may be interested please contact:  Ivan Getting, getting@..., 303 746-1783.

        Ivan Getting

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30
          We'll be sorry to see you go, Ivan! You've been a great resource for J/42 owners.

          And, to anyone interested in Kittiwake, I can attest that she is in great shape. Nothing like an engineer for taking care of a boat!

          -tk