Rebedding chainplates

  • Tom Keffer
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
      Finally got around to writing up my notes on rebedding the chainplates on my J/42:

      http://is.gd/KZldj3

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
        Tom
        Thanks for a  very complete and informative article on re bedding your chain plates.  When I tried to view the link to Compass Marine on rebedding with butyl  tape I needed a password.  can you furnish it.
        Regards,
        Bill Stellin  Jaywalker

        To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
        From: tkeffer@...
        Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 01:41:10 +0000
        Subject: [j4x-owners-group] Rebedding chainplates

        Finally got around to writing up my notes on rebedding the chainplates on my J/42:

        http://is.gd/KZldj3

        -tk

      • Tom Keffer
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2011
          The site owner reports, "Butyl Out of Stock Until Sept 6th 2011." I guess he'll remove the password protection then.

          -tk

          --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

          > Tom
          > Thanks for a very complete and informative article on re bedding your chain plates. When I tried to view the link to Compass Marine on rebedding with butyl tape I needed a password. can you furnish it.
          > Regards,
          > Bill Stellin Jaywalker
          >
          > To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
          > From: tkeffer@...
          > Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 01:41:10 +0000
          > Subject: [j4x-owners-group] Rebedding chainplates

          > Finally got around to writing up my notes on rebedding the chainplates on my J/42:
          >

          > http://is.gd/KZldj3
          >

          > -tk

        • Conrad Deeter
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2011

            Incredible detail... I will use this year to rebed... thanks a lot.

            Conrad

            Another J

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011

                I was able to save the whole doc to word which makes it easy to save for future work.

                Conrad

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7, 2011
                  Thanks for the great article Tom!

                  I have posted a link on the J/42 website: http://www.sailingsource.com/j42class/Tips/

                  thx

                  Market Manager
                  Change & Configuration Management Solutions

                  From:        "Tom Keffer" <tkeffer@...>
                  To:        j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
                  Date:        09/02/2011 09:42 PM