RE: [j4x-owners-group] Radar Pole

  • Richard Greene
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2011
      Thanks Bernie, I like Tom's project. I'm doing a new Raymarine E120 and radar install myself, so I could include the pole project too.
      I'm checking with Redman Marine Fabricators (York ME) for the cost of a pole with a bracket on top. They have 3 1/2" aluminum in stock.
       No sense in getting one shipped from Washington state if I can help it.

      I'll keep you posted when I make any progress.
      Dick

      To: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      From: coyneb@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:20:59 -0400
      Subject: Re: [j4x-owners-group] Radar Pole

      Hi Dick:

      I too am looking at installing a radar pole.  I think Edson may have a kit.  There is also a DIY project performed by Tom Keffer on his J/42 Velocity.  Check out his great documentation and pictures at the link on the J/42 Tips page:
      http://www.sailingsource.com/j42class/Tips/

      regards,
       Bernie
       Amigo VI - J/42 #3

      Bernie Coyne
      Market Manager
      Change & Configuration Management Solutions

      From:        "dc1reg" <rgreene1@...>
      To:        j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Date:        04/04/2011 07:21 AM
      Subject:        [j4x-owners-group] Radar Pole

      Any thoughts on a preferred radar pole for the J42? I'm replacing my backstay mounted radar. I've looked at the Kato website and see theirs is stainless steel. Any other options?
      Dick Greene
      J42 #48
      MaineSail