RE: [j4x-owners-group] mast tuning

  • Conrad Deeter
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2011

      Bill,

      Thanks, I will contact J boats... if that fails I will send you a note.

      Conrad

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
      I use the North Sails tuning guide for the J/120.  See attachment - hope it comes through.

      Market Manager
      Change & Configuration Management Solutions

      From:        "Conrad Deeter" <cdsail@...>
      To:        <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:        03/31/2011 08:37 PM
      Subject:        [j4x-owners-group] mast tuning

      Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
        Depending on how much you want to tune the rig for light vs. heavier conditions, you can select a day in between your normal light and heavy and go out as you described, sailing to weather, and tighten the leeward shroud just enough to remove any wiggle, tack  over and do the same on the other shroud. We used the Loose tension gage for several years but believe that those settings are way to tight. We also race J22s and have learned from the fleet that if the rig is too tight, the main is not as responsive to adjustments in shape. Good sailing.

        From:        "Conrad Deeter" <cdsail@...>
        To:        <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
        Date:        03/31/2011 08:37 PM