Re: [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 25, 2011
      J/42 has these three ports:
      - 4 of N3414 port, screen approx 4.5" x 14.5"
      - 4 of N3512 port, screen approx  5.5" x 12.5"
      - 3 of N3530 port, screen approx 5" x 30"

      Hope this helps.

      Market Manager
      Change & Configuration Management Solutions

      From:        shearwater@...
      To:        j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
      Date:        03/25/2011 04:45 PM
      Subject:        Re: [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

      I looked into replacement ports in 2009 and was told that Bomar discontinued the ports that fit the J 42. After seeing Bernie's email, I called Pompanette just to check. They said they need the outside measurement of the interior finishing ring (length and width) in order to determine whether they still offer the ports.

      My boat is 130 miles South of me, so I can't measure it myself. Does anyone have those dimensions?

      Thanks,

      Shane Creamer
      Baruna J 42 #30

      Might be able to get them through Defender as well.

      Market Manager
      Change & Configuration Management Solutions

      From:
      "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...>
      To:
      <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:
      03/25/2011 12:06 PM
      Subject:
      [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42
      Sent by:
      j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com

      I have a broken window / port on my J/42. The aluminum hinge it cracked. I took the port out to find the opening in the figerglass significantly larger than need be and the screws holding it to the boat barley overlapping the fiberglass. Now I need a new opening port.  Does anyone know the manufacturer of the unit item so I may purchase a replacement? TOny

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 25, 2011

        Thank you so much, I have someone by my boat to measure. Tony

        From:        "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...>
        To:        <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
        Date:        03/25/2011 12:06 PM
        Subject:        [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42