Insurance

  • w.stellin@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2011
      Can anyone help me with insurance. I am covered by State Farm and pay $1530 per year for an agreed value of $237,000. I am looking to change due to the high premium unless it is actually not all that high compared with others. I have some cheaper quotes, but the deductible is higher or something else like deprecation is not comparable. Any comments will be welcome.
      Bill Stellin Jaywalker hull #6
    • Robert Thuss
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2011

        Mine is about the same rate with 1% deductible, layup 11/1-4/1 and coastwise limits from Eastport, ME to Cape Hatteras.

        Robert Thuss
        Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
        Jade – USA 50777

        The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the above named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are expressly prohibited from copying, distributing, disseminating, or in any other way using any information contained within this communication. If you have received this communication in error please contact the sender by telephone or by response via mail.

        We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
      • newtmerrill
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2011
          --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "w.stellin@..." <wstellin@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone help me with insurance. I am covered by State Farm and pay $1530 per year for an agreed value of $237,000. I am looking to change due to the high premium unless it is actually not all that high compared with others. I have some cheaper quotes, but the deductible is higher or something else like deprecation is not comparable. Any comments will be welcome.
          > Bill Stellin Jaywalker hull #6

          Bill--If it make you feel any better, you're paying approximately 50% of Chubb's rate for similar valuation but much broader coverage both coastal and offshore. But if you ever need them they are the best! Newt Merrill Finesse #20
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2011
            Bill your fee is 1/3 rd what I pay with ACE just over $5K.  They are nice to work with.  Similar valuation, but fairly extensive coverage. May not help, but for reference; waters between Canada and Bahamas, (although last year i needed a rider for transport between Exuma Bahama to Hampton VA for a reason never fully explained to me) also have coverage for bare boat as well as crewed charters and racing with me aboard. $3,750 deductible. Tony Iacono. Affinity 26

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2011
              I guess I won't complain about mine.
              Thanks

              On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Anthony M Iacono <tony@...> wrote:

              Bill your fee is 1/3 rd what I pay with ACE just over $5K.  They are nice to work with.  Similar valuation, but fairly extensive coverage. May not help, but for reference; waters between Canada and Bahamas, (although last year i needed a rider for transport between Exuma Bahama to Hampton VA for a reason never fully explained to me) also have coverage for bare boat as well as crewed charters and racing with me aboard. $3,750 deductible. Tony Iacono. Affinity 26

              On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:27 PM, "newtmerrill" <nmerr10001@...> wrote:

              --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "w.stellin@..." <wstellin@...> wrote:

              > Can anyone help me with insurance. I am covered by State Farm and pay $1530 per year for an agreed value of $237,000. I am looking to change due to the high premium unless it is actually not all that high compared with others. I have some cheaper quotes, but the deductible is higher or something else like deprecation is not comparable. Any comments will be welcome.
              > Bill Stellin Jaywalker hull #6

              Bill--If it make you feel any better, you're paying approximately 50% of Chubb's rate for similar valuation but much broader coverage both coastal and offshore. But if you ever need them they are the best! Newt Merrill Finesse #20

            • Conrad Deeter
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 10, 2011

                Working on quotes now for:

                Boat

                • J 42
                • Year built 2000
                • Builder – J Boats
                • Use – Great Lakes, not east of Quebec City and inland lakes, rivers and tributaries of bordering states

                Layup time – 11/01 – 04/01

                Annual deductible – 1% of value

                Value -- $250,000

                Liability coverage -- $300,000

                Quotes so far --

                ACE -- $1,170 – have now but comes up April 1st

                Charter Lakes ( Grand Rapids , MI )  -- quoted under Markel American Insurance Co. -- $847 – never used these guys but a friend of mine has his B 40.7, 28’ power and another 33’ sail with them.

                Working on a quote from Chubb and one other just to see what is out there.  I will keep you updated on those quotes.

                Do you have additional towing form Boat US or something like that?

                Conrad

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 10, 2011
                  I've gotten the best quote from State Farm. 180,000 agreed value 300,000 PL 1000 deductible for $1169. No depreciation on anything new for old replacement unless it can be repaired like new at a cheaper price. Dinghy and motor included with $100 ded.
                  Bill
                  Stellin

                  Sent from my iPod