Financial Assistance Needed.

  • Conrad Deeter
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hello,

      Hope you get this on time, sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to Belfast,United Kingdom for a vacation, since the last time you wrote me. Unfortunately I got attacked by robbers at the hotel where I stayed, all cash and credit card were stolen off me but luckily for me I still have my passport with me.

      I have contacted the police, they only asked me to write a statement about the incident and referred me to the embassy, but the embassy are not responding to the matter effectively and my flight leaves tomorrow but I am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills. Well I really need your financial assistance. Please, let me know if you can help me out with (£1,550 Pounds) so I can settle up my bills as early as possible and return home.As soon as I get home I would refund it immediately.Western union seems to be the safest and quickest option for now, Please send to the details:

      Receivers Name: Conrad Deeter
      Receivers Address/location: 10 College Park, Belfast
      Postal/Zip Code, BT7 1LP
      Country: United Kingdom

      Please let me no quickly if this will be possible or not. I would be waiting to hear from you.

      Regards.
      DEB
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
        This has to be a scam.  How do we protect the site from things like this.
        Bill Stellin   Jaywalker

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011

          Bill, I’m sure it is. Two years ago I received a similar, maybe exact, message from a business colleague’s email address. Turns out his email was ‘hijacked’ and it took him some time to sort it  out.  Ti

          From: cdsail@...
          Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 07:43:39 -0800

        • j4x-owners-group-owner@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
            Short of moderating every message, there isn't much we can do. The system is only as secure as the least secure member.

            If it becomes a big problem and if we can find a few volunteer moderators (right now, I'm the only one), we can moderate every message.

            -tk

            --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...> wrote:

            > Bill, I'm sure it is. Two years ago I received a similar, maybe exact,
            > message from a business colleague's email address. Turns out his email was
            > `hijacked' and it took him some time to sort it out. Ti

          • Conrad Deeter
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011

              This is a scam... I did not send this message.  Sorry all. Please do not respond.

              We have tracked it backwards and stopped the access.

              Conrad

              Short of moderating every message, there isn't much we can do. The system is only as secure as the least secure member.

              If it becomes a big problem and if we can find a few volunteer moderators (right now, I'm the only one), we can moderate every message.

              -tk

              --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...> wrote:

              > Bill, I'm sure it is. Two years ago I received a similar, maybe exact,
              > message from a business colleague's email address. Turns out his email was
              > `hijacked' and it took him some time to sort it out. Ti

              w:st="on">United Kingdom for a vacation, since the last time you wrote me.
              > Unfortunately I got attacked by robbers at the hotel where I stayed, all
              > cash and credit card were stolen off me but luckily for me I still have my
              > passport with me.
              >
              > I have contacted the police, they only asked me to write a statement about
              > the incident and referred me to the embassy, but the embassy are not
              > responding to the matter effectively and my flight leaves tomorrow but I
              am
              > having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let
              me
              > leave until I settle the bills. Well I really need your financial
              > assistance. Please, let me know if you can help me out with (£1,550
              Pounds)
              > so I can settle up my bills as early as possible and return home.As soon
              as
              > I get home I would refund it immediately.Western union seems to be the
              > safest and quickest option for now, Please send to the details:
              >
              > Receivers Name: Conrad Deeter
              > Receivers Address/location: 10 College Park ,
              Belfast
              > Postal/ Zip Code ,
              w:st="on">BT7 1LP

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
                Well at least it's not like we were about to start sending out money.

              • Conrad Deeter
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011

                  Well, I have a number of improvements for Another J this season so anytime you have extra funds just send them over, ha, ha... thanks and sorry about the emails.  The internet is still the ‘wild west’!  We love it but it can sting.

                  Conrad