Re: [j4x-owners-group] Re: Folding Prop?

    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 6, 2010
      Can you tell me what sped you normally achieve at about 2200-2400 rpm's. Also do you notice any reduction in sailing speed when it is folded over that of a two blade folder.
      Thanks
      Bill Stellin

      Sent from my iPod

      On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:36 PM, "newtmerrill" <nmerr10001@...> wrote:

      For what it's worth, after trying several folding props with varying results we settled on the new Gori 3 blade folding which is truly outstanding. Quieter, less vibration than any of the others, excellent control in reverse and, a unique "overdrive" feature which gives cruising speeds at approximately 15 to 20% lower RPMs. Newt Merrill J-42 #20

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 25, 2011

        Thank you so much, I have someone by my boat to measure. Tony

        From:        "Anthony M Iacono" <tony@...>
        To:        <j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com>
        Date:        03/25/2011 12:06 PM
        Subject:        [j4x-owners-group] Port on J/42

        I have a broken window / port on my J/42. The aluminum hinge it cracked. I took the port out to find the opening in the figerglass significantly larger than need be and the screws holding it to the boat barley overlapping the fiberglass. Now I need a new opening port.  Does anyone know the manufacturer of the unit item so I may purchase a replacement? TOny