Inner Headstay

  • cipherbill
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2008
      I would be interested to know how folks have met ORC regs wrt to heavy
      weather/storm jibs on J40/42s. I have J40. The fore triangle seems
      small, to my eye anyway, for rigging an inner forestay. I know of at
      least 2 J/40's with inner forestays and I believe it became a factory
      option on the J/42's? How are folks rigging storm jibs? If you're
      using an inner forestay, how is it rigged and how well has it worked
      out in practice? Thanks!
    • Paul Lever
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2008
        Cipherbill,
        I've been looking at setting up an inner stay for a storm jib on my
        J/37. I'm planning, at this point, to setup a dyneema removable stay
        and use the Precourt soft hanks and deadeye lashing system. see
        www.precourt,ca for pics and specs.

        Paul.