Re: Keeping things away from the rudder quadrant

  • Tom Keffer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2010
      A good perspective from experience, Bill!

      My boat has the Tides Marine bearings, which have their own set of problems. Nothing wrong with the bearings, but the journal on the rudder shaft was slightly oversized, oblong, and not parallel to the shaft. This caused premature wear in the lower bearing, so it was replaced this summer. Two days of sitting on the boat yard tarmac with sandpaper trued up the journal.

      -tk