Re: [j4x-owners-group] engine control at Edson pedestal

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
      My system is Whitlock and the access is through the shroud. On Edson I think you have to go inside under the compass. Re Queens Cup it was a good race. We raced double handed and won the division.

      Sent from my iPod

      Look at the control cable these can become rusty and sticky.

      Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:06 PM
      Subject: RE: [j4x-owners-group] engine control at Edson pedestal

      Where is the friction screw… on the handle or on the cables or on the transmission?

      Thanks, by the way I saw you in the Queen’s Cup this year.  Good race.  I was racing on another boat in a different class.

      Conrad

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010

        Will do…. Are you referring to the control cables that run the forward, reverse and engine speed?

        Look at the control cable these can become rusty and sticky.

        Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:06 PM

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010

          I have the CDI which I think was whitlock until Edson brought them.  I agree you need to view under the compass but there is no friction screw inside.    I am talking to Edson again.

          Conrad

          Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:06 PM

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
            I think Whitlock is owned by Lewmar  if it is Whitlock the access is behind a small plug just forward of the shifter handle on the outside of the shroud.

            Sent from my iPod

            Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:06 PM