Re: [j4x-owners-group] J/40 deck hatch problem

  • dick.sanford@partnerre.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2010
    For anything having to do with Lewmar hatches, I suggest you call Tony at
    Select Plastics in Norwalk, CT 877-874-3767. He can help you diagnose the
    problem and if it is broken he has the parts. Sounds like you need to
    replace the hinges. They also do a really nice job relacing the plastic
    lenses in hatches when they become crazed and cracked and they are factory
    authorized by Lewmar for that work.

    Dick Sanford
    truant J42 #55

    "Lenny"
    <j28ruffian@gmail
    .com> To
    Sent by: j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com
    j4x-owners-group@ cc
    yahoogroups.com
    Subject
    [j4x-owners-group] J/40 deck hatch
    06/28/2010 02:19 problem
    PM

    Please respond to
    j4x-owners-group@
    yahoogroups.com

    The "stop" mechanism in the hinges of one of my Lewmar deck hatches has
    failed, so that the hatch flops open and closed -- it will not hold a
    partially open position. Does anyone know how to repair this?

    Thanks --

    Lenny
    J/40 #56 WATERMUSIC
    Homeport Rockland, Maine

    DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains information solely intended for named
    recipients and is confidential and proprietary to PartnerRe. If you are not
    one of the intended recipients of this message, you must not read, use or
    disseminate the information in it and should notify the sender by replying
    to this message and deleting it afterwards from your mail system. Please be
    aware that unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this communication
    is prohibited.