Re: [j4x-owners-group] New poll for j4x-owners-group

  • shearwater@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 7:01 PM
      Tom-

      I think you've done a great job setting this discussion group and I'm encouraged that there seems to be an increase in its usage. If you say Yahoo is falling behind, let's switch to Google. I trust your judgment!

      Regards,

      Shane Creamer
      Baruna
      Hull #30

      Message 2 of 2 , May 10 7:47 PM
        Happy to go with google or yahoo.

        Scott Dickinson
        Tiki J #33

        Should we switch to Google groups? I originally picked Yahoo to host this group because at the time it was the only site that allowed posts to be emailed to an outside address. Now that is no longer true. It's also true that you get what you pay for, but it seems that Yahoo is falling woefully behind in features. Today, I tried to search our group to see if anyone had any ideas about how to close the hawse slot on a J/42, and had to resort to Google to do it! OTOH, this works, and we might lose a few people if we switched. What do you think?

        o We should stick with Yahoo Groups.
        o We should switch to Google Groups.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/j4x- owners-group/ surveys?id= 2294224

        web site listed above.