Newport Bermuda Race 2010 - J/42 fleet

  • berniecoyne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
      Hello fellow J/42 owners!

      Have you considered entering the Newport Bermuda Race 2010? Race starts June 18, 2010.

      If we can get a fleet of 8 J/42's registered, they will provide us our own fleet start and scoring!!

      Here is the race website but the entry process will not open until Jan 18, 2010.
      http://www.bermudarace.com/

      Four J/42's have already committed to entering the race and I hope others will consider joining us too! I recommend getting your accommodations booked in Bermuda, your berth at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club and your slip at a facility in Newport, RI as soon as you can.

      Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

      Happy New Year.

      Bernie Coyne
      J/42 Amigo VI
    • Scott Dickinson & Kim Worsham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        Bernie,

        We wish the best of luck and hope many join you, I raced in the Annapolis to Bermuda race in 2004 and had a great time during and on the island.  It was on J109 Orion.

        Now that we are on the west coast, its a bit harder to make it, and are instead racing to Hawaii in the 2010 Pacific Cup form San Francisco to Hawaii.   I would really enjoy others out here joining us in July!  Here is the link for that race:  http://www.pacificcup.org/

        Scott Dickinson
        J-42 - TikiJ