Re: [j4x-owners-group] twingers

  • Dick & Joan Harding
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2009
      Installed them on a Frac Rig X119 with relatively small for triangle. Used a double block for the sheet end so we could double purchase from the rail. The bitter end secured at the rail then up through the double block back through a block on the rail and then to a clam cleat on the cockpit coming. Good in real heavy air when gybing for chocking down the sheet on the new weather side till the lazy guy is made and the pole back in position.  Also stabilizes the chute when running deep in a good breeze.

      Has anyone set up twingers, particularly on a J-42? We are kicking around a few ideas on how to set them up and are interested in what has or hasn't worked on similar boats.

      thanks!
      Jennifer Neumann
      Tiki J
      J/42 #33

    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 30, 2009
        thanks for this!

        --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "Dick & Joan Harding" <dharding@...> wrote:

        > Installed them on a Frac Rig X119 with relatively small for triangle. Used a double block for the sheet end so we could double purchase from the rail. The bitter end secured at the rail then up through the double block back through a block on the rail and then to a clam cleat on the cockpit coming. Good in real heavy air when gybing for chocking down the sheet on the new weather side till the lazy guy is made and the pole back in position. Also stabilizes the chute when running deep in a good breeze.

      • Jennifer
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 30, 2009
          thanks Bill. the guys did the pac cup last year on a different boat and had a nifty webbing set-up that prevented the spinnker from getting wrapped. They found that it worked quite well. :-) We will have a crew of probably six so will be flying the kite for sure. Any pointers on how you set up your twings would be appreciated-particularly how you lead them back and cleat them.