J/42 muffler

  • getting
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2013
      Greetings all,

      My engine is sounding a bit louder these days.  Raw water flow is normal.  Has anyone replaced a muffler on a J/42?  What muffler/configuration makes sense?

      The original is a Marine Muffler, Inc., Primex Silencer, Part No. BC 030-0001
      , a 7" diameter cylinder about 22" long with a flapper valve at the inlet end.  They are now out of business.

      Thanks,

      Ivan Getting
      KITTIWAKE
      Hull no. 74