Re: [j4x-owners-group] Forestay attachment

  • tony@shanomet.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
      Good news. After motoring for two hours back to Newport. Matt from Hall Spas & Rigging met us at the Newport YC dock within minutes of our arrival. He had all the equipment necessary to replace the headstay. Within a few hours were back on our way. Thanks and Bravo Hall Spas.

      Tony
      Affinity J42 #26

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 29, 2013, at 9:27 AM, William Stellin <wstellin@...> wrote:

      Tough luck. The terminal is a standard eye fitting swaged to the wire and then a pin through the tang on the mast.

      On Aug 29, 2013, at 8:24 AM, "tony@..." <tony@...> wrote:

      Currently on cruise, in 13 kts close reach heard loud bang - looks like forestay broke at mast attachment point and jib halyard is holding up forestay.

      Fortunately 1 hr to Npt. Presently motoring back. Anyone had similar experience - know how it it attached? Won't climb mast till we motor to dock.

      Tony j42 #26

      On Aug 29, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Barry Dwyer <bdwyer@...> wrote:

      I think the last one was #76.

      Barry