90Re: Watermaker location on a J42

  • dc1reg
    Jan 22 11:31 AM
      I installed a Spectra watermaker below the v berths in the bow- aft of
      the holding tank. I purchased the system without the mounting broad so
      that I could place the components where they would fit. It was quite a
      time consuming installation trying to figure how to place the
      components. But it ran perfectly during one winter in the Carribean,
      operating it almost daily.
      One thing I would change is the though hull. I used the forward head
      though hull and changed the plumping so the forward head used the same
      intake as the aft head. It works fine unless you are making water while
      underway and the bow hits a wave. The watermaker will then suck in air
      and have to be purged. Before I return south I'd do a new though hull
      further aft.
      Dick Greene
      Maine Sail
      J42 #48

      --- In j4x-owners-group@yahoogroups.com, "rob.moore@..."
      <rob.moore@...> wrote:

      > Where do people put them?
      > I have one now where my starboard 50 gal water tank was installed by
      the first owner. I
      > would like to put the water tank back and relocate the Watermaker.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic